The weather in Albany is still decidedly ordinary! More stormy weather is forecast for the next few days, including very wild weather for tomorrow night, when winds equivalent to a Category 2 cyclone are predicted. We spent the morning making a few phone calls to see if it possible to get the Ute fixed in the next week or so. We leave Albany on Wednesday morning and will drive to Perth so that we can get a quote to repair the Navara and see if it is possible to carry out the work fairly quickly. We hope that after getting a quote for the reapirs we can continue our touring of the Margaret River area, and return to Perth for the repairs to be carried out. If it does not work out we will leave the repairs until we return to Hobart in early October.
Because we need to be preparing documents and sending them away we decided to go to Officeworks and buy a cheap printer/scanner - picked up an Epson Printer/Copier/Scanner for $39.00. It turned out to be not quite the bagain that we thought it was, as it had no USB cable to connect to the computer. Back to Officeworks for a USB cable at $12.95. The printer has now been setup and connected in accordance with the very poor chinglish instructions and is working, so we cannot complain too much. When the printer cartridges run out of ink you apparently throw the printer away and get another one as they do come with new ink cartidges, at a fraction of the cost of the cartridges themselves, which cost $70.00.
As I said the weather is lousy so decided that a drive to Denmark (along the coast to the west) might get us away from the bad weather, but it was not to be! We stopped for lunch at the Denmark River in Denmark , and sat it the car in the car park as it was still raining. From Denmark we drove to Ocean Beach then continued west towards Walpole to look at Greens Pool and Elephant Rocks. We decided to leave the Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk until another day when it is not so windy!