A Travellerspoint blog

Tallebudgera Creek - Week 1

Thursday 15 June 2017 to Wednesday 21 June 2017.

Mainly overcast this morning as we packed up for a relatively short trip of 185 km from the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast. The traffic flowed reasonably well without too much aggravation from heavy vehicles. Major road works are still under way on the northern approaches to the Gateway Bridge in Brisbane. These works were in progress two years ago when we came this way, and they seem to have not made too much progress.

We arrived at Tallebudgera Creek just after 12:00 noon and checked in for two and a half months. Being regulars we were allocated our usual waterfront site - No 12. We spent the first couple of hours giving the van a good clean, followed by a basic setup, with awning out and hoses connected. We will do the annexe setup tomorrow.

It was mainly fine on Friday so we spent most of the day setting up the annexe, the porches and the storeroom under the front of the van. During the day the couple on the next site collected their children from the Adventure camp across the road, the girls spent their time collecting fallen leaves and turning them into rosettes which they fixed to the fence in front of their site.

We spent Saturday settling in with visits to Woolies and BWS for essential supplies. As with previous visits to Tallebudgera Creek we have been fascinated by the eerie high-pitched wailing at night, It turns out that the noise is the call of the Bush Stone-curlew calling to other family members who generally answer,

We had been concerned about our convection /microwave for a while now because of a tendency to overheat and the operate grill cycles during other cycles. The turntable had also ceased to work. We started at Hardly Normal looking for a dry hot air oven, which we bought, however we found a Sharp convection/microwave which was almost the same dimensions as the existing Beaumatic, which was on special with $120 off.

Monday was spent removing the old microwave and installing the new microwave. Luckily the dimensions were very close which helped. It still took all day though!!!

On Tuesday Colin and Merle arrived on the site across the road from us, so David spent an hour or so helping them get organised on their site.

Wednesday was back to improvements to our van including installing a Samsung phone holder/charger with a remote antennae. Not a 5 minute job - but it took most of the day.


Sunset at Tallebudgera Creek.


Rosettes made from fallen leaves.


All set up at Tallebudgera Creek.


Rear view of our van.


Bush Stone-curlews.


Not another folding table (the one on the right is new)


The new microwave installed in the van.


Another shot of the new microwave.


The Blue Heeler guarding the back door, its been kicked off the bed.


Di's completed crochet rug on the bed

Posted by TwoAces 04:23

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents


Lee likes the crochet rug on the bed.
Well setup with front and back patios.

by chappie

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.