A Travellerspoint blog

Day 44 - Monday 18 June 2012

Margaret River to Perth

While we had considered spending a little more time in the Margaret River area, we decided that we should return to Perth so that as soon as the Insurers have approved our repairs we could immediately take the Nissan in to be fixed. While we were packing up to leave we had several very heavy showers, so we ended up paddling around in large pools of water, while we tried to stay dry under the awning. After emptying the holding tanks we eventually got on the road at 10:30 am. As we headed north we gradually left the showers behind us and by the time we passed Bunbury we had a clear blue shy.

We arrived at the Central Caravan Park (a Top Tourist Park) in Ascot at about 2:00 pm and we were given a choice of a couple of sites that would suit our 5th wheeler. One site was next to the road, so we picked the more difficult site to back onto, but it was further from the road. As we will be here for a while till we get the Nissan fixed, we did the full set-up with the awning out with an end wall and all our mats down. While we are on a double concrete slab site the mats help keep the sand out of the van. By 5:00 pm we were sitting back enjoying a QLD in the sun - it got to 24 degrees in Perth today.

Perth Central Caravan Park

Perth Central Caravan Park

All set up in Perth

All set up in Perth

When we arrived we rang the Insurers for an update on our quote, but were told that they are still waiting for the Assessor to do a desk review of the quote before giving approval. We also rang the Perth Autobody Repairers to update them on progress, as they are able to fit us in quickly. The repairers told us that they often wait for a week or more to get quotes approved so so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

As the van was now dry David got up the ladder to look for a leak that had appeared in the back left hand cupboard above the washing machine. Di uses the cupboard as an overflow pantry and some tins were wet when she got them out. As it looked as though the rear support for the awning was moving slightly (perhaps the storm in Albany had caused the problem), David used a whole tube of Sikaflex 291 Marine Adhesive Sealant and filled all the gaps and coated the whole support area with the black goo - it sticks to everything. It appears to have worked as the cupboard is drying out.

Posted by TwoAces 04:12

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Login