A Travellerspoint blog

September 2015

Sydney - Day 2 - Sydney Fish Markets

Friday 5 September 2015

After walking the Goods Line we wandered over to the Sydney Fish Markets for lunch, and also bought the makings for an evening meal - prawns, Tassie scallops, mussels and monk fish. As usual the Markets were very busy but we were able to find a table and watch the world go by. After lunch we found our way to the light rail station and caught a tram? back to Town Hall Station were we changed to a train to return to Artarmon.


Anzac Bridge from the Fish Markets.


Public moorings at the Fish markets are closed.


How are we going to get our fish and chips?


Cape Conway in good company with the Diana from Hobart.


Pelicans are everywhere.


Fishing boats tied up at the Fish Market Wharf.


Even Mure's Diana comes north for the winter.

Posted by TwoAces 02:13 Comments (0)

Sydney - Day 2 - Walking the Goods Line

5 September 2015

The Goods Line used to run from Central Station to Darling Harbour and the route is progressively being re-furbished as public open space. We caught the train to Central Station then found our way to the start of the Goods Line and walked the recently upgraded section of the Line. We continued on past the Powerhouse Museum and the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre ending up at the Sydney Fish Markets for lunch.


Jan and Di at Central Station.


UTS and TAFE near Central Station.


Di and Jan checking out Mortuary Station.


Refurbished terrace houses on our walk to the Goods Line.


The Posh Hotel - no so posh these days.


The start of the Goods Line.


Old Power House Museum Building.


The Chau Chak Wing Building - looks more like a crumpled paper bag.


Jan and Di walking the Goods Line.


Old point levers on the Goods Line.


Anne Street Culvert uncovered in 2002, probably built circa 1853.


Big Kids playing on the water feature on the Goods Line.


Power House Museum.


Old Post Office near the Power House Museum.


Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre.

Posted by TwoAces 01:10 Comments (0)

Sydney - Day 1 - Dinner with the Family

Friday 4 September 2015

There had been heavy rain overnight so we went back to the Van at Lane Cove to check for leaks. We found a small leak on the right hand slide-out so made the decision to close it until we return next week.

Friday evening was a family get together - with Bec and Andy Lee and son Henry, and Mat and Bin with daughters Coco, Willow and Goldie. Andy had prepared a feast on the Bar-B-Q, and a good night was had by all.


Jan and Andy's house at Artarmon.


Kookaburra in the back garden chased all the small birds away.


Rear of Tindale Road.


Back garden at Tindale Road.


Jan, Willow, Bin and Coco.


Henry with Andy Lee.


Coco and Goldie.


Goldie with Matt and aunty MaMa.

Posted by TwoAces 01:08 Comments (0)

Nambucca Heads to Sydney

Thursday 3 September 2015

A nice sunny day was forecast for our 486 km trip to Sydney.

As we had packed up the night before we were on the road by 7:30 am. First stop was at the Port Macquarie turn-off for fuel and a morning coffee at Maccas. We were concerned about fuel so we went into Morisett for fuel, but as soon as we got back onto the freeway we got a sign for a Service Centre. So we stopped again at the Jillily Service Centre for a couple of Grand Angus burgers at Maccas. We eventually arrived at the Lane cove Tourist Park at about 3:30 pm and checked in for 6 nights. We were given site 200 and did a basic set-up connecting power and water only, as we were going to stay with Jan and Andy at Artarmon.

After a quick shower and packing a few things in a bag, we headed over to Artarmon about 5:00 pm for a quiet dinner with Jan and Andy.

No Photos today.

Posted by TwoAces 03:18 Comments (0)

Nambucca Heads - Day 1 to Day 3

Monday 31 August to Wednesday 2 September 2015

Monday was a glorious day today with a maximum of 20 degrees after a cool night with a 5 degree minimum.

We started the day with a haircut for David and some shopping for Di while she was waiting, she is able to find nice little boutiques almost anywhere. Then we made a visit to the supermarket to keep us going until Sydney. The rest of the day was spent relaxing in the sun with the newspapers.

Tuesday was very like Monday although a little more cloud. We spent the day relaxing in the sun, before going to the Tavern at the entrance to the Caravan Park for dinner. Di had lamb cutlets, while David had a steak with a prawn topper - both meals were excellent.

On Wednesday we drove up to Taylor's Arm for lunch at the Pub With No Beer. While free camping is available across the road from the Pub with access to facilities at the Hotel there were no starters. David had a home made steak and kidney pie that actually had steak and kidney in it, while Di had a ham and tomato toasty. We drove back to Nambucca Heads via Bowraville over a few gravel roads, which meant that we had to wash the Nissan when we got back.


Hello Mr Percival - Do you know George (Pell) from the Gold Coast?


A typical weather photo at Nambucca Heads.


Di enjoying the sun.


The Pub With No Beer at Taylor's Arm.


Built as the Cosmopolitan Hotel in 1903.


No free campers across the road from the Pub.


Looking north from the Lookout on Nambucca Head.


Nambucca Head from the Lookout.


Looking south from Nambucca Lookout.


Nambucca River looking across the Lagoon.


View from the end of the V-Wall.


Dangerous bar at the mouth of the Nambucca River.


Di on the V-Wall.

Posted by TwoAces 03:15 Comments (1)

(Entries 16 - 20 of 27) Previous « Page 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 » Next